Week 12 - I Live With you

Carol Emshwiller's story, I Live With You, was kind of creepy but I found it to be a fun little read for this week.

The mysterious being that lives with the woman in the story reminded me a lot about the folklore of tontu, or gnomes, that are magical creatures that are able to live within people's houses and being barely noticeable. So while many find this story creepy, I found it a little fun. I probably wouldn't mind having this thing living in my house, since it's not really causing any arm to the woman. All it does is wear her clothes and buys stuff for her. Not to mention, it tries to get her a boyfriend. That thing is the ultimate wingman!

Something I found odd was how this thing living with the woman brings her someone to get with, but then starts trying to seduce him as well. Ironic because it claims multiple times that it doesn't steal, which it sticks to its word in the end, but it still made an attempt. It makes me wonder, what is its purpose and why does it act this way?

The narration of this story was very well done, and I like how it puts the living situation of the man and woman into a completely different perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One - Frankenstein

Week Five - Redlands